How many times are you out and about, on the phone at work, watching tv, ect. and you see or hear something that REALLY REALLY bothers you. Yesterday and this morning, I feel like 9 out of 10 of my pet peeves have shown up just to annoy me. So I thought I'd blog about it.
1. Lib-ary. I am a pronunciation nut. I have wanted to be an English teacher since I was a child. It is not LIB-ARY. It is the libRary. There are two R's for a reason. And while we're talking about R's...
2. "Are-uh". If you are from the South, I guarantee you have at some point heard somebody pronounce the letter R 'are-uh'. It drives me bonkers. I can't stand it, and I will correct you. Never did your kindergarten teacher teach you: Q, aRe-uh, S, T, U, V. Are-uh is not a letter of the alphabet. Frankly I think the alphabet is embarrassed to be associated with you.
3. People who leave their shopping carts in the middle of the aisle. You know the ones. You come down the whole aisle and the toothpaste you want is right at the end. You have to clear your throat, stand there for 5 minutes, then loudly say excuse me before they even notice you. Then they look annoyed like YOU did something wrong by having the audacity to come down their aisle!! You do not own aisle 13... I'm sorry it takes you 30 minute to pick out deodorant. And then I, for whatever reason, feel the need to apologize. No more!
4. Socks with sandals. If you are going to wear open toed shoes, NEVER have anything covering your toes. That's all there is to it. No pantyhose, no socks, and for heaven's sake if you even thing about putting on a pair of toe socks with flip flops, I will not associate with you in public. It actually makes me sick to think about.
5. Mullets- enough said.
6. Explanation first on this one... I think breast-feeding is beautiful. It is a natural, wonderful thing. I think women should be comfortable doing it, and Mommy & Baby should enjoy and treasure the experience. I plan on nursing myself (eventually when we decide to have children)... discreetly. That being said, if you are at home... get nakey, I don't care. I don't even mind if I'm around and see everything. It doesn't bother me, in private. Like I said, I think it's a wonderful thing. BUT, if you are in public (ex: in the front row during sacrament meeting) please please please use a blanket. Breast-feeding is beautiful, but I can't concentrate on the service because my husband is making gagging noises and your sweet baby is staring at me over your boob. Use a tiny bit of couth here. A blanket, a burp cloth, an udder-cover, ANYTHING. I do believe that in public (ex: a restaurant, the park, the mall food court, etc.) your private parts should not be showing, even if they are currently being used as a smorgasbord for your little one.
7. People who park like this:
Why do you get to take up two parking spots? I would really like to be able to park close to the door. Especially when it's snowing. This is simply rude. We have just enough parking spaces at our office for those of us who work here. Why are you entitled to two of them?
8. People who analyze what you're eating 24/7. I have a coworker that does this. (The same one that can't park to save her life.) Breakfast, lunch and dinner. "What are you eating? Oatmeal? Eww that's disgusting, I can't eat my oatmeal with that little water in it." Good for you, I like oatmeal and I don't like drinking it. Lunch, "What are you eating? Peanut butter crackers and a fruit cup? How do you eat that little? You're not losing weight. What kind of fruit? I hate cherries." Who cares if you hate cherries, and yes I have lost 3 pounds! Dinner, "What are you making for dinner? Lasagna and salad? Eww, why would you have salad with that. That's gross." Every single day! I don't give a flying fart in space what you're eating and I'm tired of you analyzing my diet! Grr.
9. "Broke." Another pronunciation peeve here. Example: "My dvd is broke." No it's not... it is BROKEN. BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN! You may have broken it. Ok, I'm sorry, I broke it. Past tense possessive verb. It is NOT an adjective!!!!!
10. Nail biting. It's disgusting... did you wash your hands after you left Wal-Mart? Didn't think so... you just ingested every germ from every item you touched at Wal-Mart. Makes you think twice about putting those nasty things in your mouth ever again huh?? Wonder why you had to pick up cold medicine while you were there...
11. Cigarette Smoking. Don't you realize you stink. I'd rather lick a stranger's face then sit anywhere near you. Disgusting. Oh, and you're going to get cancer... good luck with that.
13. People who think that simply because you're using a cell phone, you have to scream into it for the other person to hear you. Why don't you just stick your head out the door and yell, because everyone in the 3 surrounding counties can hear you anyway.
14. Mafia Wars, Farmville, & pointless Facebook quizzes. "What Barbie Are You?" I mean really, who cares? Can't we find time to I don't know, cure world hunger or something productive, rather than devoting 5 wasted minutes of our lives to finding out which member of Jersey Shore you are?
16. People who capitalize eVeRY oThER lETteR wHiLe tYPiNg. It's obnoxious, and I can't read it anyway.
17. 4 way intersections. For crying out loud, I pay enough taxes... just put a darn light there so that the morons who forgot what they learned in drivers ed don't run me over.
18. Putting the toilet paper on the wrong way. Let me remind you:
AND not refilling the toilet paper!!! One ragged sheet hanging desperately to the roll is not going to do me any good.
19. Hot dogs come in packages of 8, and the buns come in packages of 10. I just don't get it.
20. Having to "Press 1 for English". We are in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. If you do not speak English, either 1) GO HOME, 2) or LEARN IT! If you do not speak English, yet you have benefits through my insurance company, have Comcast, go to the DMV, or call my office 5 times a day, there is a major issue.
1 day ago