Tuesday, April 5, 2011

One Year

Whew knew that one year could change a life so much?

One year ago yesterday I woke up on Easter Sunday feeling funny. A little sore, didn't sleep well, and generally feeling 'not good'. I decided to take a pregnancy test. It couldn't hurt right? Matt slept soundly as I waited the agonizing three minutes. I picked up the test, low and behold... a line.

That's it- a tiny pink line. That's all it took for me to know that my life was changed forever. I bounded into the bedroom, threw on the lights at 7am, jumped on the bed and stuck the stick in Matt's face. "Do you see it?! Do you see the line!? There is a line right? Do you see it!?" He saw it. We were both so excited. The feelings that hit you are innumerable.



Will we be good parents, will we be able to afford it, what will we need, how do I take care of myself, I need to call the doctor, etc. etc. We were spinning. We went about the day with our family holding onto our little secret. And she was so tiny. I went the next morning and took a blood test, and continued to take home tests as well. I watched the little line get darker and darker. It turns out we found out we were pregnant at 3weeks 2 days!



One year ago marks the beginning of an amazing adventure. I got to watch my belly grow, and feel our sweet girl moving. On our second anniversary we got to find out that it was a girl! Nothing prepared me for the overwhelming feelings of love that occur the moment you see your sweet baby for the first time. It changed my life. One year later, I have a beautiful baby girl who is the light of my life. She is stunning and smart and growing so fast! I can't wait to see what the next year brings, and I cherish the special time I got to have her just with me.



Motherhood is a challenge, there's no doubt. There have been lots of sleepless nights and prayers said, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. I adore my daughter and I love how special our relationship is. Watching Matt with her has made me fall deeper and deeper in love with him. I love my family.

"It is clear that some of those [under eye] shadows come not just from diapers and carpooling but from at least a few sleepless nights spent searching the soul, seeking earnestly for the capacity to raise these children to be what God wants them to be. Moved by that kind of devotion and determination, may I say to mothers collectively, in the name of the Lord, you are magnificent. You are doing terrifically well. The very fact that you have been given such a responsibility is everlasting evidence of the trust your Father in Heaven has in you." (“Because She Is a Mother” Elder Jeffrey R. Holland, Of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles)

1 comment:

  1. LOL I woke Chris up probably at 5 am. I always take a ton of tests before I believe it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...