Thursday, February 23, 2012

An Alt Family Christmas :)

This was our first year having our own Family Christmas :) Just us in the morning- opening presents, seeing the joy on Bailey's face, and enjoying our time together before dinner with my family.

Mommy and Daddy snuck into the family room to see what Santa left before Bailey tore into her presents :) Santa did great this year!

Photobucket

Bailey really loved her Rocking Bug Santa brought!

Photobucket

We had to help, but eventually she got the hang of tearing off the paper.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Daddy loved the watch we got him :)

Photobucket

I'm not convinced Bailey had any idea what was going on, she mostly seemed confused. But she still had fun!

Photobucket

Christmas was a Sunday this year, so we got all dressed up and went to church together. I have to say, as a kid I remember disliking when Christmas fell on Sundays. Church put a "wrench" in playing with our new toys, eating food, and the other things that seemed most important as a child. As an adult, it was my favorite part of Christmas this year. It really helped me put things in perspective and to spend the right amount of time worshiping the Savior and His birth. I am so grateful for the season to remind us of his sacrifice and love for us. Going to church on Christmas Sunday was just the icing on the holiday cake!

Photobucket

Photobucket

After church we came home and Bailey played with her toys while Matt and I cooked dinner. We made a ham! Had macaroni and cheese, green beans, Paula Deen's Sweet Potato Souffle and sour cream cheese pound cake! It was so yummy!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

The aftermath of all the playing was quite a disaster!! But I think it was worth the clean-up!

Photobucket

Bailey's second Christmas was so much fun! It was amazing to see the wonder in her eyes at the lights on the tree and tearing the wrapping paper. Although I am NOT READY one bit... I need lots of warm weather first, I am looking forward to next year and really getting to teach her the Christmas story and see her understanding increase. I love our little family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...