Friday, July 16, 2010

Slightly Obsessed

Ok, anyone who knows me knows that I have a TINY obsession with Vampire literature. (See... I even capitalized vampire!) I have an issue... I know. I have read TONS of books about Vampires. Everything from Twilight, to the Southern Vampire Mysteries, Anita Blake Novels, Vampire Academy, and I even tried to wade through Interview With The Vampire. (Anne Rice is nuts!)

My conclusions... I still love vampires. There is something enthralling about them. I don't know if it's the danger, the romance... who knows. I just soak it up. After reading the Sookie Stackhouse books, I decided I needed to clean up my reading a bit. So I started some vampire hunting of my own in the Young Adult section of the library.

That's when I ran across these:

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!

They are AAAAAMAZING! The plot line is incredible. The writing fantastic. The love and friendship plot is so intense you really feel so attached to the characters. And I think it's high time there was a Heroine in a vampire book that could really kick some butt.

These are a little different than your traditional "vampire trying to main stream in high school" book. In Vampire Academy the vampires stay hidden from humans, live among their own kind and attend school together. There are two kinds of vampires. The Moroi (good, magic wielding vampires) and the Strigoi (bad, murderous, night-0nly vampires). Naturally they are enemies and the Moroi rely on half-vampire, half-human "dhampirs" to be their Guardians and protectors.

Enter Rose (a beautiful brunette dhampir) and her best friend Lissa (a pretty blond Moroi). The story is fantastic, and there is no way for me to go into any more of the plot without simply gushing and telling you entire story. You'll just have to believe me and read them for yourself.

By the way, you can order the first three in a paperback set for $9.95 here.

As part of my obsession I have been seeing characters in my head who I want to play the parts in a movie. (The rights have been bought!!! I'm hoping late 2011 or early 2012 PLLEEEASE?!)

Those of you who have given in to my begging and read them... here goes my tentative picks.

I do hope that mostly "unknowns" will be cast. And I PRAY that they don't change the plot too much.

ROSE: Maggie VandenBerghe
Beautiful, strong, and a pretty kick-'a' character.
If I hear one more person suggest Megan Fox, I'll scream and never talk to them again.



Lissa: Emily Schaffer
Much more delicate than Rose & possesses a magic that is unheard of among the Moroi vampires.
Ironically enough, she did the main voice for the last 2 audio books in the series. Coincidence?? I think not!


Christian: Adam Gregory
Completely underestimated by his peers and a bit of a trouble maker.



Adrain: Xavier Samuel
The rich boy with a bad attitude & a drinking problem.
I did not choose him simply b/c he was in Twilight.


And ***Sigh****

Dimitri:Jared Padalecki
It's practically impossible to cast someone who is god-like. But Jared is pretty darn close. He's gorgeous and looks good with long hair. What girl wouldn't swoon?


And he looks pretty fabulous in a cowboy hat. Mind you this is conditional on his ability to produce a gorgeous Russian accent. We'll see.
Hey, they do live in Montana and he does like to read Westerns. MMmmhmm.


Yes, I know I have a problem. BUT... once you sink your teeth in (pun intended) you will too!

1 comment:

  1. love love love it!!!!!!! Can't wait to really get into the books! I started a little bit last night, and can't wait to get the chance to read more!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...