Thursday, January 12, 2012

365 Days...

So much can happen in one year.

ONE YEAR.

I can't believe I even typed that. Bailey was born at 1:17am on December 2nd. You can read all about that experience here :).

We stayed up until 1:17 the night of her birthday and snuck into her room to sing a very quiet Happy Birthday. Matt's version of quiet isn't the same as mine so she woke up. But I didn't complain about that one bit. I rocked and sung her back to sleep, and sobbed my eyes out.

365 Days. Day 1 felt like it would never get here. And it was blissful. She was the sweetest little newborn, and remains an incredibly sweet baby. Or I suppose I should say toddler since she's running full speed all over creation now. Day 4 I snapped her little foot inside of her onesie. **Facepalm** And around Day 217 I thought I would drop dead from sleep deprivation. But we made it! The three of us survived our first year of parenthood without more than a scratch :)

Matt worked late the night before Bailey's birthday. So poor Bean had to wait a few hours for Daddy to wake up before she could open her presents.

Photobucket

So she stared at them. And pulled the bows off :)

Photobucket

Touched every package...

Photobucket

And carried the smallest one around for a good half an hour :)

Photobucket

FINALLY!! Daddy was up and it was time for presents!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

At this point she needed help haha. So Mommy put the camera down and we played with toys :)
We then went to see SANTA at Bass Pro Shop.

Here we are getting ready to go see Santa. See my sweet happy Birthday Girl?

Photobucket

Photobucket

And this is how her first Santa experience went.

Photobucket

Not so great. She was NOT a fan. We decided to use her free kids meal coupon at Islamorada for a yummy grilled cheese. She LOOOOVES grilled cheese sandwiches :) Apparently on her birthday, she decided she hated grilled cheese. She even threw a piece of it at the back of some poor man's head! Her applesauce was dumped on the floor. She spit her milk out all over me, herself, and my sandwich. Then she decided it was a good idea to scream on the top of her lungs until we took her out of the restaurant.

Lesson Learned: Bailey HATES Santa.

All in all, restaurant melt down or not... Bailey had a wonderful first birthday. And her party was even better!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...