Thursday, September 24, 2009

Life is an Adventure

So dealing with insurance is a PAIN!!! We had to wait all weekend, then the adjuster didn't come out to see the car on Monday like he said he would, because his car broke down! Tuesday afternoon he finally came by to tell us that the car had to be towed to a body shop for an estimate. It should have just been towed there last FRIDAY! Ugh. So that just makes things slower. Now we're waiting to get the estimate to see if they'll total the car. Hopefully they will, there's no point in doing $5,000 worth of work to a $5,800 car haha. Now we just play the waiting game and see what they say. The plan is to hopefully get a new car this weekend. We’ll see, say your prayers!

We’re moving in exactly one month! The good thing about me not having a car in the evenings is that I can get a lot done around the house. So I’ve got some boxes packed, junk drawers cleaned out, and I’m starting the deep cleaning of the apartment. I have run across some fun things in the process. Brochures from the resort on our Honeymoon, the champagne cork from the Honeymoon, movie tickets from the week we started dating, wedding cards, etc. So I took the advice of my visiting teacher (thanks Candi!), and I started an anniversary box! I printed a photo of us on our Honeymoon, and put the resort brochure in the box. I also printed a picture of us on our Anniversary (eating the top tier of our wedding cake!) and put a to-go menu from the restaurant where we had dinner. So in 50 years from now, we’ll have a box full of all of our happy anniversaries together! Totally cheesy… but I think it will be so neat for our children and grandchildren to see.

I’m also in the process of re-vamping our dining room table. It was a great $25 yard sale find (with 4 chairs!) but is definitely in need of some TLC. I’ve put up with its awfulness for too long! So I have started covering the seats with some awesome fabric I found at JoAnn’s on sale and I am going to paint it this weekend. I’ll post before and after pictures when it’s all done.

Matt and I reached an INCREDIBLE MILESTONE in our marriage. I FINALLY beat him at Scrabble!!! I have been attempting to do this for 2 years! He is so good, and always so lucky with his tiles, that I had to document the fact that I actually beat him!

It was a super close game, I think I won by 8 points... but we used all the tiles!
I know it doesn't sound that exciting, but I was thrilled.

Hopefully we'll hear something about the car today!


1 comment:

  1. OMG congrats at beating Matt at Scrabble!!!!! I know that's a huge accomplishment because he ALWAYS wins and its SO annoying!!! HAHA I hate playing him, because I know he's going to win, and I usually win at Scrabble. So good job!

    I am excited to see how the dining room table goes... the first chair looks good so far! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...