Thursday, November 12, 2009

Definition of a Veteran



DEFINITION OF A VETERAN: A veteran, whether active duty, retired, National Guard or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including my life", risked life an limb to protect the freedoms that we all enjoy and is proud to do so.

I just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone who has served, is serving, or will serve our country. I know I'm a day late... but it is because of these brave men and women that we are free to LIVE. I'm so thankful for my husband and the years he spent in the military to protect us and keep us free to enjoy the freedoms that we take advantage of on a daily basis. Freedom doesn't come free. There have been so many lives lost over the short history of our country to protect our rights. Because of them, we have the freedome of religion, speech, press, right to bear arms, etc. Thank you! A special thanks to Matt, Jake, Pops, Grandpa Lobel, Grandpa Bocek, PawPaw, Uncle Joe, and Jeremy.


"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the republic for which it stands: one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...