Thursday, May 13, 2010

Anticipation

I feel like Christmas is this weekend. Whenever I think about Saturday, I get butterflies in my tummy and my head starts to spin. It reminds me of the night before I married my sweetheart. I am so excited for the events to come and the domino effect of magical things that is about to start in our lives. Some moments change us forever, and I am so thrilled that I get to be a part of this special time in my sweet hubby's life. What a miraculous time to share with someone. To see them grow and change. It has been a truly heartwrenching ride, and I cannot believe the blessings we have received for making good choices. I am so grateful that I made the choice to marry
Matthew Alexander Alt.
He is the most amazing, wonderful man I've ever met.

Have you ever had one of those conversations that isn't spectacular at the moment, but in hindsight... you look back and tear up at the words that were said? I had a conversation with my Dad a few years ago, just like that. We were talking about my sweet hubby, and we were discussing how fabulous he is. :) My father said, "Matt puts his heart and soul into everything he does. When he learns to believe as you do, I have no doubt in my mind that he will give 110% of everything he has to commit to the cause." How true that statement was. I sit back now and take in my surroundings. I am a blessed woman. I am a lucky girl. I cannot wait to see the things that Matt does in the future. "Oh the places you'll go!" I thank God every day for the blessing of this wonderful man in my life. I am counting down the days until we can enter into the Lord's Holy Temple and be sealed for time and eternity.

Thank you to everyone who has guided him along this journey. So many have been there to pick up my slack when it all seemed to much to bear. Thank you for the encouragement and fellowship. For being an example to me, and to my sweet husband. I am forever in your debt.

"O to grace how great a debtor daily I'm constrained to be!
Let thy goodness, like a fetter, bind my wandering heart to thee.
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it, prone to leave the God I love;
here's my heart, O take and seal it, seal it for thy courts above."


Two days and counting...

2 comments:

  1. This is SO sweet, LOVE IT! Not sure how I missed this one, but it is wonderful!!! :) I am so proud of Matt too, you guys are soooooo blessed! :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...