Saturday, November 27, 2010

Update Time!

Things have been rather interesting in the Alt household the last two weeks. It's been quite an adventure! I've been watched closely by my doctor since about 30 weeks for "Pregnancy Induced Hypertension". Basically, my blood pressure has been very high so they have been worried about pre-eclampsia. I had a list of symptoms to watch out for and was supposed to call the doctor right away if I noticed any of them.

Last Wednesday I was at work and noticed two of the scary symptoms... hand trembling and facial swelling. So I called the doctor, went into an emergency appointment, and 2o minutes later was wheeled over to Labor & Delivery. They admitted me and I was stuck there until Saturday afternoon.

They did LOTS of tests on me and Miss Bailey, ultrasounds, non-stress tests, etc. If anyone has been in the hospital for more than a day or two- especially without any answers- you know how agonizing it is. So I sat there, I lay there, and I took 500 showers since that was the only thing they would let me do!

Finally on Friday evening the doctor came to see me and gave me the official diagnosis... I have "mild pre-eclampsia". So they sent me home on strict bedrest.

Perhaps a little better than being stuck in the hospital on bedrest- at least I have my own pillow, clothes, couch, bed, etc. But still not the most fun. But I am willing to do anything to get this little girl here safely.

My labwork on Monday was "normal" for someone with mild pre-eclamsia, so I have another weekly appointment this coming Monday, and hopefully we'll be able to schedule an induction!

I was given permission to go to Matt's parent's house for Thanksgiving. :) Unfortunately my camera batteries died right after I had Matt take this picture of me! *Up and about, it's amazing!* So I didn't get to take any pics of the amazing food or fun. But it was wonderful to not be stuck in the house.


As of Monday Little Miss Bailey weighed in at 5lbs 14oz, and is in the 25th percentile. She's a little tiny- but scores a 10 out of 10 on all of her tests! She's moving great, practicing breathing beautifully, and is developing just right! We can't wait to meet her! Hopefully we'll get to meet her next week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...