Today is a monumental day in our national history.
Today is the 37th Anniversary of Roe vs. Wade.
"Abortion represents an evil so inexpressible that words fail us when attempting to describe its horror." Gregg Cunningham of The Center for Bio-Ethical Reform
Dr. Hymie Gordon, Chairman of the Department of Genetics at the Mayo Clinic, said: "By all the criteria of modern molecular biology, life is present from the moment of conception."
Dr. McCarthy de Mere, a medical doctor and law professor at the University of Tennessee, testified: "The exact moment of the beginning of personhood and of the human body is at the moment of conception."
It's unfathomable to me how our society diminishes the sanctity of human life.
To make matters worse, the Healthcare Reform Bill is proposing government funding for abortion. Personally, I don't want my taxes contributing to murder. I wish I could be here today instead of stuck in my office. There are other ways to help!
You can help!
1. Call your Senators and Representatives and tell them you want an explicit exclusion of abortion coverage in any health care reform bill. Go here for talking points first.
2. E-mail and Fax your Senators and Representatives and tell them you want an explicit exclusion of abortion coverage in any health care reform bill.
3. Meet with your Senators and Representatives at their district or Captiol Hill offices or confront them at a townhall meeting. Go here for talking points first.
4. Write a letter to the editor. Tell your local paper that taxpayers shouldn’t be forced to pay for abortions.
5. Attend an event. Many organizations are hosting events on health care this summer.
6. Twitter and Facebook for StopTheAbortionMandate.com. For sample feeds, click here.(http://stoptheabortionmandate.com/take-action/)
Let's pray that those gathered and marching today in Washington get our voices heard!
Elder Russel M. Nelson put it much more eloquently than I ever could. In his Ensign article entitled Reverance For Life he states,
Life comes from life. It is a gift from our Heavenly Father. It is eternal, as he is eternal. Innocent life is not sent by him to be destroyed!"
Let us all value life a little more. I pray that hearts may be turned today, and in the process lives can be saved.